Find Affordable 315/70R17 Tires for Your Truck or SUV
Looking for an affordable set of 315/70R17 tires for your truck or SUV? Look no further! Our selection of used tires from top brands offers quality and performance at a fraction of the cost of new tires. But before you make a purchase, it’s important to understand the basics of this tire size and what to consider when buying used tires.
What Does 315/70R17 Mean?
The 315/70R17 tire size is a popular choice for trucks and SUVs that require a larger tire for off-road capability and towing capacity. Here’s what the numbers and letters on this tire size mean:
- 315: This number represents the tire width in millimeters. At 315mm, this tire is wider than most car tires, offering more surface area for traction on rough terrain.
- 70: This number is the aspect ratio, which refers to the tire’s sidewall height as a percentage of its width. In this case, the sidewall height is 70% of the width (315mm), resulting in a relatively tall profile that provides greater ground clearance and protects the wheel rim from damage.
- R: This letter indicates the tire’s construction type. stands for radial, which is the most common construction for modern tires. Radial tires have layers of fabric that run perpendicular to the tread, providing flexibility and better road contact.
- 17: This number refers to the wheel diameter in inches. A 17-inch wheel is a standard size for trucks and SUVs that need extra strength and durability to handle heavy loads and rugged terrain.
When shopping for 315/70R17 tires, keep in mind that there may be variations in performance categories, such as all-terrain, mud-terrain, or highway tires, depending on your specific needs and driving style.
What to Consider When Buying Used Tires
Used tires can be a cost-effective option, but there are some factors you should consider before making a purchase. Here are some things to keep in mind:
- Inspect the tread depth to ensure there’s enough life left in the tire for your needs.
- Examine the tire for signs of uneven wear, which could indicate alignment or suspension issues.
- Check for punctures, cuts, and other damage that could compromise the tire’s integrity.
- Verify the age of the tire by looking at the DOT code, as tires older than six years may not be safe to use.
- Compare the price to a new tire to determine if the savings are worth the potential risks.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Buying Used Tires
There are some advantages and disadvantages to buying used tires:
- Significant cost savings compared to new tires.
- Environmental benefits by recycling and reducing waste.
- Opportunity to find tires with unique or discontinued tread patterns.
- Ability to match the remaining tread life of your other tires if you only need to replace one or two.
- Potential safety concerns due to tire age, damage, or uneven wear.
- Limited or no warranty compared to new tires.
- Difficulty in finding a matching set of used tires.
- Uncertainty about the tire’s history, such as exposure to extreme temperatures or poor storage conditions.
Find Your Perfect 315/70R17 Tire Today
Our selection of used 315/70R17 tires offers a wide range of quality options from trusted brands. Each listing includes detailed information on the tire’s specifications, condition, and pricing, along with user reviews to help you make an informed decision. Whether you’re a serious off-roader, a weekend adventurer, or a commercial driver, finding the right set of tires can enhance your performance and safety on the road.
Remember to carefully inspect used tires before making a purchase and weigh the pros and cons to ensure you’re getting the best value for your money. With the right set of affordable 315/70R17 tires, you can take on any challenge with confidence.