Choosing the right set of tires for your SUV is crucial for optimal performance, safety, and comfort. That’s why we’ve compiled a list of top-performing SUV tires to help you make an informed decision.
Our list is based on feedback from real SUV owners who have used these tires in a range of conditions. We understand that SUVs are often used for a variety of purposes, from family transportation to off-road adventures, so our list includes tires with features such as all-season capabilities or reinforced sidewalls for added durability.
Whether you’re driving on pavement or tackling rough terrain, our list has got you covered. We’ve included options for both on-road and off-road driving, as well as tires with features such as high-speed ratings or low rolling resistance for improved fuel efficiency.
So, if you want to ensure optimal performance and safety for your SUV, check out our list and find the perfect set of SUV tires for your needs. With the right tires, you can enjoy a comfortable ride and tackle any driving conditions with ease.
Best All-Season Tires for SUV
- Exceptional performance in dry, wet, snow, and ice traction
- Reduced road noise and comfortable ride
- Impressive tread life
- Impressive scores in dry and wet traction, snow and ice
- Reliable and responsive handling, allowing drivers to feel in control and safe on the road
- Exceptional performance in snowy and icy conditions, all-season capabilities
- Peaceful and comfortable ride, unobtrusive and quiet
- Durable and long-lasting investment for drivers, outlasts many competitors in terms of tread life
- Excellent grip in wet, dry, and even snow conditions
- Low noise
- Solid construction
Based on the research, data, and customer reviews that we’ve compiled and processed for this Michelin CrossClimate SUV review, we highly recommend these tires.
The CrossClimate SUVs deliver in every category: from excellent traction to price. They’re stable and responsive in many kinds of weather from dry to light / moderate snow. We think the CrossClimate would be a good tire for your all-season needs.
- Durable silica compound
- Good traction in wet and dry conditions
- Long Lasting design for highway use
- High treadwear rating
- Sipes and groves for enhanced traction
- Comfortable, quiet ride
Research shows that the Yokohama Geolandar Cv G058 tires exemplify impressive performance and safety in any driving condition, delivering an all-out balance in the most challenging conditions.
- Smooth and quiet ride
- Excellent tread life warranty
- Good dry and wet weather performance
- Solid construction
The Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza Plus is a premium all-season touring tire that was designed for SUVs and Crossovers (CUV) and focuses on ride quality, low road noise, and long tread life. Overall, there are few complaints with this tire, although snow traction could be better. Other than that, the Dueler H/L Alenza Plus is backed by an excellent 80,000-mile warranty and is a good value for the money.
- A great tire for the price
- Quiet handling
- Good dry grip
- Compares well to higher priced tires in normal wet and dry handling
For the average driver, the ability to get through life’s small obstacles safely, like traveling on the highway or city streets, or taking the kids to gymnastics after school in the snow is what a tire should do best. The BFGoodrich Advantage T/A Sport LT can deliver safe traction at any moment while maintaining relative quiet, all while delivering long tread performance.
- Budget-friendly tire
- M+S traction rating
- Great for any season
- WEAR SQUARE® indicator tells you when to change tires
- Long-term treadwear warranty
- Many sizes are available for crossover, SUV, or truck.
- Silica compound offers excellent fuel economy.
Overall, our research indicates the Cooper Discoverer SRX tires are well-rounded, budget appropriate, and best for everyday use in most seasons. Knowing they have received high customer ratings and positive feedback from real-world drivers, we can recommend them.
The Discoverer SRX tires are made in the USA and carry a warranty of up to 75,000-miles. While there might be some options out there that boast more costly features, for the average driver, the Cooper Discoverer SRX is all you need and for the right price, too. So if you are looking for a new set for your crossover or SUV, the Discoverer SRX could be just what you need.
- Exceptional dry traction
- Reliable wet traction
- Reduced road noise for a quieter ride
- Durable and long-lasting tread life
- Solid performance in light snow and ice
- Excellent grip and traction
- Rides smoothly
- Great handling
- Good looking
- Wears excellently
Based on research, the Crugen HP71 is ideal for drivers who want an all-season performance without breaking the bank. It performs incredibly in dry, wet, and light snow/ice conditions. It has a great ride, excellent steering response, less noise, and promotes more comfortable and confident driving. A perfect fit for SUVs and Crossovers one can use on highways, track, and occasional off-road driving.
- Exceptional dry and wet traction
- Excellent stability, handling, and control on dry surfaces
- Quiet and comfortable ride with reduced road noise and vibration
- Good reliability and longevity with reliable performance for thousands of miles
- Secure and stable drive in light to moderate winter weather
- Good fuel efficiency
- Good dry and wet performance
- Responsive steering and braking
After combing through our research, it is safe to say that these tires perform well in some categories, but are not so exceptional in others. According to users, this tire does not have the best tread life and wears down fairly quickly. While the winter performance isn’t great, the dry and wet performance has better reviews and ratings.
- Handles great in sports mode
- Has excellent traction in both dry and wet conditions
- Quiet with very little road noise
After looking at how this tire performs and the experiences of people who have used these tires, we’re impressed with how well it handles, its traction in wet and dry conditions, and how quiet it is on the road. Unfortunately, it performs poorly in snow and ice, and the tires aren’t very durable.
- Excellent handling
- Very comfortable
- Eco Friendly
- Good price point
The data and user reviews gathered from our research suggest that the Geolandar G055 is a strong performance tire in most areas. It’s great for SUVs and crossovers who lean towards the sporty side but can avoid bad weather.
This tire is decent at everything but excels at high speeds on straight roads. It’s a top-tier tire for comfort and durability, with top marks in both areas. If you want a tire that is a little sporty and extremely comfortable, you will love the Yokohama Geolandar G055.
- High scores in dry and wet traction
- Significantly reduce road noise
- Comfortable ride
- EverGrip technology provides excellent handling in different weather conditions
- Excellent longevity up to 60,000 miles
- The all-season tread works well for various weather and road conditions
- The tread area provides a stable and responsive feeling during tight turns
- Ranked highly by users in terms of dry performance and comfort performance
Based on our research and analysis of user and professional reviews, we have concluded that this tire is a good deal for the prince and the performance provided. With middle-of-the-road ratings in terms of dry grip, wet grip, handling, road feedback, wear, comfort, and snow grip, this tire is a suitable deal for those who don’t want to spend a fortune on their all-season tire.
- Secure traction on dry and wet surfaces, providing a stable and safe driving experience
- Excellent dry traction, providing a stable and secure feeling while driving
- Sufficient grip in wet conditions, preventing hydroplaning and skidding
- Smooth and comfortable ride, reducing noise and delivering enjoyable driving experiences
- Long-lasting and durable, providing consistent performance with over 40,000 miles of expected lifespan
- Great traction and grip, especially in snow
- Smooth and quiet ride on highways
- Resists changing shape very well
- An affordable option in its class
Based on our research on professional performance tests, we’ve found that the Hankook Dynapro HP2 is a durable and long-lasting all-season tire. It works best in mild-to-moderate road conditions.
Although the manufacturer markets this tire as suitable for crossovers, we’ve found that its performance sometimes falls short of its competitors. It doesn’t perform as well in extremely wet or snowy conditions. However, it’s a comfortable and quiet ride on paved roads and highways.
- Exceptional dry traction, providing stability and control under varying driving conditions
- Safe and stable performance in rainy weather, allowing drivers to feel confident in slippery conditions
- Comfortable and quiet ride, reducing noise interruptions and providing a smoother driving experience
- Capable of handling moderate winter driving conditions and preventing slips on ice
- Bridgestone's reputation for longevity implies that these tires will last long enough, making it a smart investment for drivers looking for great performance, stability, and longevity
SUV Tires Buying Guide – Choose the Ideal Tires for Enhanced Performance, Durability, and Safety on the Road and Beyond
Find the perfect SUV tires with our comprehensive buying guide. We’ll help you explore the market to find the best tires for your SUV, ensuring optimal performance, safety, and durability in various driving conditions. This guide will cover the benefits of SUV tires, key factors to consider, and tips for selecting the right tires for your SUV and driving style.
Benefits of SUV Tires
SUV tires are specifically designed to provide superior performance, handling, and durability for sport utility vehicles and crossovers. Here are some advantages of SUV tires:
- Improved traction and grip in various road conditions compared to standard passenger car tires
- Enhanced load-carrying capacity to accommodate the heavier weight of SUVs and crossovers
- Specialized tread patterns designed for better handling, braking, and ride comfort
- Wide range of sizes and styles available to suit different SUV types and driving preferences
- Increased safety and confidence when driving your SUV, both on and off-road
When choosing SUV tires, consider your vehicle’s requirements, the type of terrain you’ll be encountering, and your preferences for performance, safety, and durability.
Key Factors to Consider When Buying SUV Tires
Here are some important factors to keep in mind when shopping for SUV tires:
- Select the right tire size and specifications based on your vehicle’s requirements
- Consider the tire’s performance in various driving conditions, such as wet, dry, and off-road
- Look at the tire’s durability, load-carrying capacity, and warranty to ensure a good return on investment
- Factor in your typical driving conditions, such as highway, city, or off-road driving
- Compare prices and read user reviews to find the best value and quality
How to Choose the Best SUV Tires for Your Vehicle
Follow these steps to find the perfect SUV tires for your vehicle:
- Identify your vehicle’s required tire size and specifications by checking the owner’s manual or the placard on the driver’s side door jamb
- Research top tire brands and models within the SUV tire category
- Compare prices, read user reviews, and consult professional reviews and ratings to narrow down your options
- Visit a reputable tire retailer to make your purchase and have your new SUV tires installed and balanced
Get the Most Out of Your SUV Tires
Once you’ve selected and installed the ideal SUV tires for your vehicle, follow these tips to maximize their performance and lifespan:
- Regularly check and maintain the proper tire pressure as recommended in your vehicle’s owner’s manual
- Rotate your tires every 5,000 to 8,000 miles to promote even wear and extend their lifespan
- Perform wheel alignment and suspension checks periodically to ensure optimal handling and tire wear
- Inspect your tires for signs of damage, such as punctures, cuts, or bulges, and address any issues promptly
- Drive responsibly and avoid aggressive maneuvers that may cause unnecessary wear and tear on your tires
- Regularly clean your tires and remove any debris to maintain optimal performance
- Consider using a separate set of tires for different driving conditions, such as winter or off-road tires, to prolong the lifespan of your SUV tires
Upgrade Your SUV with the Best Tires Today
With the information and tips provided in this buying guide, you’re ready to find the perfect SUV tires for your vehicle. Whether you drive a compact crossover, a midsize SUV, or a full-size sport utility vehicle, the right set of SUV tires can significantly enhance your performance, safety, and comfort on the road. Don’t wait, upgrade your SUV with the best tires today and enjoy improved handling, durability, and confidence in various driving conditions.