Choosing the right set of tires for snow driving is essential to ensure you stay safe and in control of your vehicle in slippery conditions. To make this decision easier for you, we’ve compiled a list of top-performing snow tires.
Our list is based on feedback from real drivers who have used these tires in snowy and icy conditions. We understand the importance of traction and stability in deep snow, so our list includes tires that provide excellent grip on snowy surfaces, even at high speeds.
Whether you’re navigating city streets or tackling mountainous terrain, our list has got you covered. We’ve included options for both passenger cars and SUVs, as well as tires with features such as studless designs or aggressive tread patterns, so you can choose the perfect set of snow tires for your vehicle and driving needs.
So, don’t let winter weather conditions catch you off guard – invest in a quality set of snow tires to keep you safe and in control on the road. Check out our list and find the perfect set of snow tires for your vehicle.
Best Studless Snow Tires
- One of the best winter tires available
- Excellent grip in snow and ice
- Good value for money
- Most users would buy again
The Bridgestone Blizzak DM-V2 is one of the best winter tires available on the markets. In tests, Blizzak DM-V2 has proved to provide excellent snow and ice traction.
According to our research, the majority of Blizzak DM-V2 users were also very satisfied with the value they got for their money. Almost all users said they would buy this tire again.
Bridgestone Blizzak DM-V2 This is an example of a well-designed tire which also clearly performs well in real-life use. We recommend this tire for people who are searching for a well-performing tire to use in snow and ice with a reasonable price point.
- Exceptional performance in wet, snow, and ice conditions
- Good dry traction
- Comfortable ride
- Good tread life rating
Best Studless Ice & Snow Tires
- Amazing ice and snow traction and handling
- Impressive ice and snow braking
- Reasonably priced
- 40,000-mile warranty
The Michelin X-Ice Snow tire has incredible ice and snow traction, braking, and handling that keeps you feeling in control all winter long. According to the manufacturer's fine print, these tires last a minimum of one year longer than competing winter tire brands.
- Short braking on snow, slush, and ice
- Good for daily driving
- Run Flat available
Our extensive research tells us that the Continental VikingContact 7 is one of the best winter tires you can buy. It handles rough, icy conditions like a pro, all while giving you a quiet, smooth, and comfortable ride. Not to mention, it has an impressive braking performance that provides the driver with more confidence in winter weather conditions.
- Excellent traction and handling control on wet, snowy, and icy conditions
- Exceptional dry traction, stability, and safety for everyday driving
- Maximum safety and grip on wet surfaces, no hydroplaning or skidding
- Exceptional rating on snow and ice traction, maintains stability, grip, and control
- Comfortable, quiet ride, effectively mitigates road noise
- Durable with excellent tread life, providing a hassle-free winter driving experience
Best Studdable Snow Tires
- High marks in dry and wet traction
- Impressive snow and ice performance
- Longevity and reliability
- Great investment for any vehicle
- Solid choice for anyone looking for reliable winter tires
- Exceptional winter weather capabilities.
- Comfortable noise levels.
Based on user testimony and public data, we can conclude that this tire is best for casual drivers who live in colder climates. What makes this product stand out is the unique tread and sipe design. This special configuration leaves many customers so satisfied that they return for more of these tires. The Firestone Winterforce 2 UV has proven it can handle water, highway, and snow with ease both in gripping and braking.
For a reasonably-priced tire, the Firestone Winterforce 2 UV can deliver on both value and performance. It receives high ratings for traction and even surprises many users with minimal noise and a smooth ride. Despite the lack of impressive durability, this tire is a reasonable option for seasonal or year-round use, largely thanks to the fair price.
- Exceptional performance across various driving conditions, particularly during winter
- Outstanding traction on dry surfaces, providing stability and safety during drives
- Excel in wet conditions, preventing hydroplaning and skidding, even in heavy rain and large puddles
- Outstanding performance in snowy conditions, maintaining excellent traction on icy surfaces
- Durable and long-lasting, with a tread life that outperforms competitors
Best Performance Snow Tires
- Excellent grip in snow, ice, and low-temperature conditions
- Increased braking distance
Based on the research of performance data and user reviews, we believe that the Michelin Pilot Alpin Pa4 is one of the best luxury touring snow tires on the market, only beaten by its successor, the Michelin Pilot Alpin Pa5.
There are cheaper or similar price options that are good (as mentioned above), but for its fantastic grip, solid drive quality, and unmatched comfort, the Pa4 is a tire we think you’ll be most happy and safe with.
Its shortcomings are few, with noise and comfort giving as the tire ages. But take into account that this tire is designed for snow, and will typically last you longer than a set of all-season tires.
- Excellent dry and wet traction
- Good snow handling and decent ice traction
- Provides high level of driving confidence in all winter weather conditions
- Comfort and quiet ride
- Good tread life
- Excellent grip in snow, ice, and low-temperature conditions
- Great dry grip as well
- Superior wet performance
- Good braking distance
Based on the research of performance data and user reviews, we believe that the Pirelli Winter Sottozero 3 is one of the best winter tires on the market.
There are cheaper, more expensive, and similarly priced options that are also good (as mentioned above), but for its fantastic grip, solid drive quality, and unmatched comfort, the Sottozero 3 is a tire we think you’ll be happy with and feel safe driving.
Best All-Season Snow Tires
Oops, result not found.
Snow Tires Buying Guide – Choose the Ideal Tires for Superior Traction and Safety in Snowy Conditions
Embark on a journey through the realm of snow tires with our comprehensive buying guide. We’ll help you explore the market to find the best snow tires for your specific needs, ensuring optimal performance, safety, and durability in snowy and icy conditions. This guide will cover the benefits of snow tires, key factors to consider, and tips for selecting the right tires for your driving style and vehicle type.
Benefits of Snow Tires
Snow tires are specifically designed to provide excellent traction, handling, and braking performance in snowy and icy conditions. Here are some advantages of snow tires:
- Superior traction on snow and ice compared to all-season or summer tires
- Enhanced handling and braking performance in winter weather conditions
- Specialized tread patterns and rubber compounds designed to maintain flexibility at low temperatures
- Wide range of sizes and styles available to suit different vehicle types, including cars, trucks, SUVs, and crossovers
- Increased safety and confidence when driving in snowy and icy conditions
When choosing snow tires, consider your vehicle’s requirements, the typical winter conditions in your area, and your preferences for performance and safety.
Key Factors to Consider When Buying Snow Tires
Here are some important factors to keep in mind when shopping for snow tires:
- Select the right tire size and specifications based on your vehicle’s requirements
- Consider the tire’s performance on snow, ice, slush, and cold, wet roads
- Look at the tire’s tread life and warranty to ensure a good return on investment
- Factor in the climate and driving conditions in your area to determine if snow tires are the best choice
- Compare prices and read user reviews to find the best value and quality
How to Choose the Best Snow Tires for Your Vehicle
Follow these steps to find the perfect snow tires for your vehicle:
- Identify your vehicle’s required tire size and specifications by checking the owner’s manual or the placard on the driver’s side door jamb
- Research top tire brands and models within the snow tire category
- Compare prices, read user reviews, and consult professional reviews and ratings to narrow down your options
- Visit a reputable tire retailer to make your purchase and have your new snow tires installed and balanced
Get the Most Out of Your Snow Tires
Once you’ve selected and installed the ideal snow tires for your vehicle, follow these tips to maximize their performance and lifespan:
- Regularly check and maintain the proper tire pressure as recommended in your vehicle’s owner’s manual
- Rotate your tires every 5,000 to 8,000 miles to promote even wear and extend their lifespan
- Perform wheel alignment and suspension checks periodically to ensure optimal handling and tire wear
- Inspect your tires for signs of damage, such as punctures, cuts, or bulges, and address any issues promptly
- Drive responsibly and avoid aggressive maneuvers that may cause unnecessary wear and tear on your tires
- Regularly clean your tires and remove any debris, snow, or ice buildup to maintain optimal performance
- Remember to swap your snow tires for all-season or summer tires once temperatures rise, as snow tires are not designed for warm weather performance
- Store your snow tires properly during the off-season to prevent damage and prolong their lifespan
Upgrade Your Vehicle with the Best Snow Tires Today
Armed with the information and tips provided in this buying guide, you’re ready to find the perfect snow tires for your vehicle. Whether you drive a compact sedan, a family SUV, or a performance-oriented vehicle, the right set of snow tires can significantly enhance your driving experience and safety in snowy and icy conditions. Don’t wait, upgrade your vehicle with the best snow tires today and enjoy improved traction, handling, and confidence on winter roads.